Anion exchange in mixed solvent systems
- 28 Downloads
The diffusion of chlorocomplexes of some corrosion and fission products in anion exchange beads has been studied in mixed solvent media. The effects of variables on the kinetics of the exchange process by the batch and flow technique were examined. The strongly basic anion exchanger Dowex 2X8 in its Cl− form was used in organic solvent—water—hydrochloric acid solutions. The dependence of the exchange rate on temperature, the viscosity of the solution, the mean resin particle diameter and the composition of the solution was studied. Film and particle diffusion coefficients were calculated from the experimental data. The results provide valuable data for the design of separation procedures.
KeywordsAnion Exchange Hydrochloric Acid Solution Kinetic Coefficient Particle Diffusion Resin Bead
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. HELFFERICH, Ion Exchange, McGraw-Hill, New York 1962; translated as “Ionity”, Izd. Inostr. Lit. Moscow, 1962, p. 235.Google Scholar
- 6.V. KOPRDA, J. Radioanal. Chem., 21 (1974) 217.Google Scholar
- 7.V. KOPRDA, M. FOJTÍK, Chem. Listy, 62 (1968) 679.Google Scholar
- 8.M. FOJTÍK, V. KOPRDA, Chem. Zvesti, 27 (1973) 32.Google Scholar
- 9.M. FOJTÍK, V. KOPRDA, Chem. Zvesti, 24 (1970) 177.Google Scholar
- 10.V. KOPRDA, M. FOJTÍK, F. UHRÍK, Chem. Listy, 63 (1969) 167.Google Scholar
- 11.K. DUŠEK, Coll. Czech. Chem. Commun., 30 (1965) 3804.Google Scholar
- 13.V. KOPRDA, M. FOJTÍK, M. SZLAUROVÁ, Chem. Zvesti, 26 (1972) 482.Google Scholar
- 14.M. FOJTÍK, V. KOPRDA, Chem. Zvesti, 27 (1973) 193.Google Scholar
- 15.V. KOPRDA, Chem. Zvesti, 27 (1973) 45.Google Scholar