125I-labelling and pharmacokinetics of protease
- 25 Downloads
Protease, an enzyme obtained fromPseudomanas aeruginosa, was radioiodinated using chloramine T method of (125I) iodide oxidation. The labelled product was purified using Sephadex G-50. The radiochemical yield reached 26.36% with a product specific activity 6.25 μCi/mg. Blood level curves, following intravenous injection of the labelled protease into mice, showed a biphasic blood level with a rapid initial declining phase; the characteristic of two-compartment open model. The rate constants K21, K12, and K10 were 0.05044, 0.006236, and 0.008264 min−1 respectively indicating a sharp decline in the serum concentration of the toxin, with a t1/2 of 83.85 min. The organ uptake of radioactivity follows the sequence liver>kidneys>lungs>heart>spleen>thyroid. A correlation between uptake and the incidence of tissue-hemorrhage is discussed.
KeywordsSaudi Arabia Radiochemical Yield Metabisulphite Sodium Metabisulphite Organ Uptake
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.P. V. LIU, J. Infect. Dis., 116 (1974) 94.Google Scholar
- 3.P. V. LIU, J. Infect. Dis., 116 (1966) 112.Google Scholar
- 4.K. SNELL, I. A. HOLDER, S. A. LEPPLA, C. B. SAELINGER, Infect. Immun., 19 (1978) 839.Google Scholar
- 5.K. J. KAWAHARAJO, Y. HOMMA, Y. AOYAMA, K. MORIHARA, Japan J. Exp. Med., 45 (1975) 89.Google Scholar
- 6.L. D. GRAY, A. S. KREGER, Infect. Immun., 12 (1975) 419.Google Scholar
- 7.M. R. W. BROWN, J. H. FOSTER, J. Clin. Path., 23 (1970) 172.Google Scholar
- 9.T. WADSTRÖM, R. MÖLLBY, Bioochim. Biophy. Acta, 242 (1971) 288.Google Scholar
- 10.M. GIBALDI, D. PERRIERE, Pharmacokinetics, Marcel Dekker Inc., New York, 1975, p. 100.Google Scholar