Determination of the specific activity of carrier-free125I preparations by neutron activation analysis
- 40 Downloads
Chemical methods are unsuitable for the determination of the specific activity of commerical125I preparations because of the unknown chemical state of the iodine in solutions more than a few weeks old.125I and127I were determined in samples from seven different manufacturers by instrumental neutron activation analysis; the specific activities found ranged from about 45% to more than 90% of that of the truly carrierfree product. Correlation of the specific activities with the126I:125I ratios indicates contamination of one of the products with stable iodine during the manufacturing process.
KeywordsIodine Neutron Activation Analysis Instrumental Neutron Activation Analysis 125I Activity Total Iodine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.R. W. Helmkamp, Ma. de los Angeles Contreras andW. F. Bale,J. Nucl. Med., 7 (1966) 491.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Appleby, R. E. Spillett, UKAEA, RCC-M 210, 1967.Google Scholar
- 5.H. Arino, H. H. Kramer,Nucl. Applic. 4 (1968) 356.Google Scholar
- 6.U. Jacobsen, private communication.Google Scholar
- 7.W. F. Bale, R. W. Helmkamp et al., USAEC, UR-604, 1962.Google Scholar
- 8.H. R. Lukens, F. M. Graber, D. M. Settle,Trans. Am. Nucl. Soc., 9 (1966) 88.Google Scholar