Determination of trace elements in biological standard kale by neutron activation analysis
- 31 Downloads
Fifteen elements at trace levels have been determined by neutron activation analysis in the biological standard kale distributed byBowen. La, Br, As, Se, Sc, Ag, Zn, Co, Cr, Sb, Eu, Fe, and Zr have been determined by a nondestructive technique using a high-resolution Ge(Li) detector. Two more elements, Au and Hg, have been determined after radiochemical separation. The nondestructive procedure is shown to yield data in generally good agreement with those obtained by destructive techniques. Potential sources of error in the nondestructive technique are discussed.
KeywordsNeutron Activation Analysis Instrumental Neutron Activation Analysis Radiochemical Separation Nondestructive Technique Compton Edge
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.H. J. M. Bowen, inP. W. Shallis, Ed. Proceedings of the SAC Conference, Nottingham, 1965, W. Heffer and Sons Ltd., Cambridge, 1965, p. 25.Google Scholar
- 4.F. Kurzer, Organic Synthesis, 35, 1955, 69, John Wiley and Sons Inc., New York.Google Scholar
- 5.R. A. Nadkarni, B. C. Haldar,J. Indian Chem. Soc., 41 (1964) 319.Google Scholar
- 6.R. A. Nadkarni, B. Haldar, Omagiu Acad. Prof. Raluca Ripan, 1966, 375, Academy of Rumanian Peoples' Republic, Bucharest.Google Scholar
- 9.F. Girardi, J. Pauly, E. Sabbioni, G. Vos, Proc. IAEA Symp. Nuclear Activation Techniques in Life Sciences, Vienna 1967, p. 229.Google Scholar