Catalytic activity and mechanism for the action of pyridines in the phenolysis of epichlorohydrin
- 44 Downloads
The reactivity of 3-chlorophenol with epichlorohydrin in the presence of substituted pyridines was studied. The reaction orders relative to the reagents and catalyst were determined. Correlations permitting evaluation of the effect of structure and concentration of the catalyst were obtained. The catalysis mechanism was found.
KeywordsCatalyst Concentration Epichlorohydrin Observe Rate Constant Chlorohydrin Catalytic Rate Constant
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. M. Paken,Epoxide Compounds and Expoxy Resins [in Russian], Goskhimizdat, Leningrad (1962).Google Scholar
- 2.M. F. Sorokin, L. N. Finyakin, and L. G. Shodé,Kinet. Katal.,27, No. 2, 321–328 (1976).Google Scholar
- 3.S. P. Kobzev, A. M. Romantsevich, and M. A. Simonov,Kinet. Katal.,36, No. 1, 1–6 (1995).Google Scholar
- 4.M. A. Tovmasyan, A. N. Zelenetskii, and V. V. Ivanov,Vysokomolekul. Soedin. A,25, No. 4, 862–870 (1983).Google Scholar
- 5.V. P. Nikol'skii et al. (eds.),Chemist's Handbook [in Russian], Vol. 2, Khimiya, Moscow-Leningrad (1971).Google Scholar
- 6.E. N. Shved, V. A. Ramenskaya, and I. V. Andrievskaya,Structure of Phenols and Their Reactivity with Epichlorohydrin [in Russian], Donetsk Univ., Donetsk (1994), dep. v. GNTB Ukrainy No. 2283 (December 5, 1994).Google Scholar
- 7.N. M. Émanuél' and D. G. Knorre,Textbook of Chemical Kinetics [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.L. M. Litvinenko and N. M. Oleinik,Mechanism for the Action of Organic Catalysts [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1984).Google Scholar