Prediction of the fracture of metals in processes of cold plastic deformation. Part 2. Effect of anisotropic hardening and experimental verification of the model of plastic deformation and fracture
- 37 Downloads
On the basis of the experimental investigation of the Bauschinger effect, in steels with developed prestrains, we generalize the model of plastic deformation to the case of anisotropic hardening. Within the framework of the model, we show that for high strains, the Bauschinger effect is caused by dislocations. We present the results of the experimental verification of the developed semiphenomenological model of the joint process of plastic deformation and fracture of metals under the conditions of cold deformation. It is shown that this model gives adequate predictions (in good agreement with the experimental data) of the probability of fracture of the metal caused by exhaustion of the plasticity margin in the processes of plastic deformation realized under the conditions of both simple and complex loading.
KeywordsPlastic Deformation Uniaxial Tension Phenomenological Theory Bauschinger Effect Complex Loading
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. M. Greshnov, Yu. A. Lavrinenko, and A. V. Napalkov, “Prediction of the fracture of metals in processes of cold plastic deformation. Part 1. Approximate model of plastic deformation and fracture of metals,”Probl. Prochn., No. 1, 76–85 (1999).Google Scholar
- 2.G. S. Pisarenko and N. S. Mozharovskii,Equations and Boundary-Value Problems of the Theory of Plasticity and Creep. A Handbook [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1981).Google Scholar
- 3.S. V. Grachev,Thermal Treatment and Resistance of Alloys to Repeated Loading [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Bogatov, O. I. Mizhiritskii, and S. V. Smirnov,Plasticity Margin of Metals in the Process of Plastic Working [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 5.V. L. Kolmogorov,Mechanics of Plastic Metal Working [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 6.R. R. Mavlyutov,Stress Concentration in Elements of Aircraft Structures [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar