Analogy between pattern formation in an interferometer and training of the art 2 neural network
- 15 Downloads
A method is proposed for constructing a formal analogy between the model of pattern formation in an interferometer with Kerr nonlinearity and diffractive feedback and a model for the training of the ART 2 network. The analogy is based on the common nature of the dynamics of the processes in the interferometer and in the network as determined by a “winner takes all” algorithm.
KeywordsNeural Network Spatial Frequency Pattern Formation Synaptic Weight Neuron Layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Fuchs and H. Haken, in: Neural and Synergetic Computers. Proceedings of the International Symposium, H. Haken (ed.), Springer Verlag, Berlin (1988), pp. 16–28.Google Scholar
- 2.S. A. Akhmanov and M. A. Vorontsov, Nonlinear Waves: Dynamics and Evolution [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1987), pp. 228–237.Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Vedenov, A. A. Ezhov, and E. B. Levchenko, Nonlinear Waves: Structure and Bifurcation [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1987), pp. 53–67.Google Scholar
- 4.R. T. Faizullin and V. V. Mel'nikov, Papers presented at the Fourth International Conf. on Contemporary Problems of the Electrodynamics and Electrical Physics of Dielectrics [in Russian], Moscow, June 24–28, 1996, publ. Moscow (1996), pp. 167–176.Google Scholar
- 5.G. A. Carpenter and S. Grossberg, in: Neural and Synergetic Computers. Proceedings of the International Symposium, H. Haken (ed.), Springer Verlag, Berlin (1988), pp. 42–74.Google Scholar
- 7.S. A. Bufalov, Editorial Office of Izvestiya Vysshikh Uchebnykh Zavedenii, Fizika, Tomsk (1997); Deposited in VINITI, No. 857, March 24, 1997.Google Scholar
- 8.S. A. Akhmanov, M. A. Vorontsov, and V. Yu. Ivanov, in: New Physical Principles of Optical Information Processing, S. A. Akhmanov and M. A. Vorontsov (eds.) [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1990), pp. 263–326.Google Scholar