Absorption of dislocation phonons by polarons at strong and weak coupling in alkali-halide crystals at low temperatures
- 16 Downloads
It is shown that in alkali-halide crystals at low temperatures the deceleration of dislocations, whose high concentration may be caused by the internal photoeffect under illumination of the crystal by visible light, is influenced by their interaction with polarons. The deceleration force acting on a moving dislocation that interacts with polarons at not only strong but also weak coupling is calculated.
KeywordsWeak Coupling Ionic Crystal Effective Electron Mass Dislocation Velocity Polaron State
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. S. Davydov, Solid State Theory, [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.A. N. Orlov, Introduction to the Theory of Crystal Defects [in Russian], Vyssh. Shkola, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 3.A. M. Grishin, E. A. Kaner, and E. A. Fel'dman, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz.,70, 1445–1465 (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.S. G. Gestrin, Fiz. Nizk. Temp.,19, 1–4 (1993).Google Scholar
- 5.S. G. Gestrin, Fiz. Nizk. Temp.,20, 71–75 (1994).Google Scholar