Excitation of parametric oscillations in a triode with a virtual cathode with an external electromagnetic wave
- 13 Downloads
The electromagnetic radiation of an electron flow in a triode with a virtual cathode is studied from the viewpoint of a parametric resonance. It is shown that the phase modulation of the electrons and the radiation saturation take place due to the oscillations of the virtual cathode as a result of large space charge. An expression for the coherent radiation intensity of the electron flow in a resonator is derived. It is shown that the phase modulation depth and the radiation efficiency increase with an external electromagnetic wave.
KeywordsRadiation Intensity Electron Flow Parametric Resonance Parametric Excitation Virtual Cathode
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. P. Grigor'ev and T. V. Koval', Radiotekh. Elektron.,10, No. 3, 2133 (1990).Google Scholar
- 2.V. P. Grigor'ev, M. Yu. Antoshkin, and T. V. Koval', Radiotekh. Elektron.,40, No. 4, 628 (1995).Google Scholar
- 3.V. P. Grigor'ev and M. Yu. Antoshkin, and T. V. Koval', Zh. Tekh. Fiz.,65, No. 3, 80 (1995).Google Scholar
- 4.V. P. Grigor'ev and T. V. Koval', Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., No. 4, 169 (1998).Google Scholar
- 5.N. N. Bogolyubov and Yu. A. Mitropol'skii, in: Asymptotic Methods with Applications to the Theory of Nonlinear Oscillations [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1974), p. 498.Google Scholar
- 7.G. V. Kusun'ko, in: Electrodynamics of Hollow Systems [in Russian], S. M. Budennyi VKAS, Leningrad (1949), p. 250.Google Scholar
- 9.A. N. Didenko, V. P. Grigor'ev and A. G. Zherlitsyn, in: Plasma Electronics. Collection of Scientific Papers, V. I. Kurilko (ed.) [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1989), p. 112.Google Scholar