Time fluctuations of charged and neutral cosmic-ray component fluxes as measured in the region of the brazilian magnetic anomaly
- 14 Downloads
Measurements of charged particles, gamma emission and neutrons were fulfilled on balloon in the region of the Brazilian magnetic anomaly on 8 November 1991. The flight lasted approximately 18 hours, including 15 hours on the ceiling at the height of 32 km just during the beginning of the recovery phase of the moderate geomagnetic storm. The main conclusion from the analysis of the obtained experimental data is the following:a) the fluxes of charged and neutral particles were measured and are in agreement with the data of previous works for the close values of geomagnetic cut-off rigidity;b) no sporadic increases of charged- and neutral-particle fluxes were recorded;c) the pulsations of charged particles, gamma-rays and neutrons with characteristic time of ≈ 30 min were found. The sporadic pulsations of charged particles and gamma-rays with shorter periods were observed too. But later pulsations were absent in the neutron flux data. This points to the magnetospheric origin of the observed phenomenon.
PACS 96.40Cosmic rays
PACS 94.40Cosmic-ray interactions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. A. Bazilevskaya, A. F. Krasotkin, V. P. Ohlopkov, A. N. Charakhchyan andT. N. Charakhchyan:Izv. Akad. Nauk, SSSR,35, 2550 (1971).Google Scholar
- K. N. Balabekov, Yu. I. Stozhkov andA. B. Struminsky:Kratk. Soobsch. Fiz., Fiz. Inst., Akad. Nauk SSSR, N13, 31 (1989).Google Scholar
- A. M. Novikov, L. L. Lazutin, Yu. F. Rudnev, V. D. Sokolov, N. G. Skryabin andYu. I. Stozhkov:Kratk. Soobsch. Fiz., Fiz. Inst. Akad. Nauk SSSR. N13, 37 (1989).Google Scholar
- A. F. Iudin, V. G. Kirillov-Ugryumov andYu. D. Kotov:Pis'ma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz.,35 254 (1982).Google Scholar
- A. F. Iudin, V. G. Kirillov-Ugryumov andYu. D. Kotov:Pis'ma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz.,38 253 (1988).Google Scholar
- A. N. Kvashnin: Candidate dissertation, Moscow, FIAN, USSR (1976).Google Scholar
- A. E. Golenkov, V. P. Ohlopkov, A. K. Svirzhevskaya, N. S. Svirzhevsky andYu. I. Stozhkov:Tr. Fiz. Inst., Akad. Nauk SSSR,122, 3 (1980).Google Scholar
- A. M. Romanov:Trudy 5 vsesoyusnoi zimnei schkoly po kosmicheskim lucham, Apatity, PGI, SSSR, 129 (1986).Google Scholar