Surface photocapacitor effect in structures with photoconductive films
A specific type of the photocapacitor effect (the surface photocapacitor effect or the S-PCE) has been studied in the present paper. Its physical and mathematical models are constructed. Computer modeling has been performed to study the influence of the photosensitive layer characteristics on the surface-sensitive photocapacitor (SSPC) characteristics to optimize its parameters. The feasibility of the SSPC application for developing sensors of various types and studying the processes proceeding in films has been demonstrated. The S-PCE characteristics are experimentally investigated. It is shown that the S-PCE contribution to the total PCE may be significant especially for structures with discontinuous electrodes.
KeywordsEquivalent Circuit Contact Resistance Nonequilibrium Carrier Plane Capacitor Surface Recombination Rate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. C. Berman, Capacitor Methods for Studying Semiconductors [in Russian], Nauka, Leningrad (1972).Google Scholar
- 5.A. G. Rokakh, Photoelectric Phenomena in Semiconductors and Dielectrics [in Russian], Publishing House of Saratov State University, Saratov (1984).Google Scholar
- 6.A. G. Rokakh, E. A. Novokova, and L. G. Serebryanskaya, Fiz. Poluprov. Poluprov. Elektron., No. 11, 117–123 (1983).Google Scholar
- 7.T. Moss, Optical Properties of Semiconductors [Russian translation], Inostr. Liter., Moscow (1961).Google Scholar
- 8.L. I. Baranov, V. P. Malkov, and A. G. Rokakh, Ukr. Fiz. Zh.,19, No. 11, 1866–1869 (1974).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Rose, Principles of Photoconductivity [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 10.A. G. Rokakh and S. V. Stetsyura, Neorgan. Mater.,33, No. 2, 198–200 (1997).Google Scholar
- 11.V. V. Parfenov, A. G. Rokakh, V. A. Sedel'nikov,et al., in: Proc. Region. Sci.-Appl. Conf. Current Status and Problems of Developing the Ecologo-Economic Complex of the Saratov Region [in Russian], Saratov (1997), p. 81.Google Scholar
- 12.A. G. Rokakh and V. E. Bukharov,Ibid., Proc. Region. Sci.-Appl. Conf. Current Status and Problems of Developing the Ecologo-Economic Complex of the Saratov Region [in Russian], Saratov (1997), p. 83.Google Scholar
- 14.Z. I. Kir'yashina, A. G. Rokakh, V. P. Malkov,et al., CdS-Type Photoconductor Films [in Russian], Publishing House of Saratov State University, Saratov (1979).Google Scholar