Second harmonic generation in order-disorder ferroelectrics
- 26 Downloads
We investigate the temperature dependence of second harmonic generation in order-disorder ferroelectrics. We obtain the qualitative temperature dependence of the second harmonic amplitude; the amplitude goes to zero when the temperature reaches the Curie point. We take into account the disruption of wave number harmony when the temperature is changed. We show the second harmonic is largest at the temperature where the wave numbers are synchronized and there is no detuning. The theoretical conclusions reached here are confirmed by experimental data.
KeywordsHarmonic Generation Curie Point Structural Phase Transition Paraelectric Phase Harmonic Amplitude
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshits,Statistical Physics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976), Ch. 14.Google Scholar
- 2.R. Blinc and B. Zeks,Ferroelectrics and Antiferroelectrics [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.M. B. Belonenko and V. V. Kabakov,Qvantovaya Elek.,23, No. 8 (1996).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Lines and A. Glass,Principles and Applications of Ferroelectrics and Related Materials [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 5.V. S. Gorelik, E. V. Zhabotinskii and G. G. Mitin,Qvantovaya Elek.,21, No. 4 (1994).Google Scholar