Clean-up methods for polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons analyses by capillary gas chromatography
- 319 Downloads
Comparative results of pre-treatment methods for the extracts of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) from airborne particulate matter for quantitative determination by gas chromatography (GC) are presented. The first method included liquid-liquid extraction and column liquid adsorption chromatography. In the second procedure the extract was fractionated by liquid-liquid chromatography and liquid adsorption chromatography. In the last procedure two different solid phase extraction (SPE) cartridges examined makes it possible to separate PAHs and remove paraffinic compounds which is very important for the quantitative GC analysis of the PAHs. Recoveries of PAH standards and some their derivatives were determined and the contents of 15 of the most important PAHs, were compared.
Key WordsGas chromatography Sample pre-treatment Airborne particulates PAH concentrates
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- L. Warzecha, K. Luks-Betlej, D. Bodzek, Chem. Anal.,33, 21 (1988).Google Scholar
- D. Bodzek, K. Luks-Betlej, L. Warzecha, Atmosph. Environm.27A, 759 5 (1993).Google Scholar
- K. Luks-Betlej, D. Bodzek, Medycyna Pracy XLIII 6, 515 (1992).Google Scholar
- K. Luks-Betlej, Chem. Anal. (in Warsaw)38, 585 (1993).Google Scholar
- K. Luks-Betlej, L. Warzecha, D. Bodzek, Chem. Anal.34, 465 (1989) (in Polish).Google Scholar
- L. Warzecha, K. Luks-Betlej, Z. Piwowar, D. Bodzek, Chem. Anal.33, 327 (1988) (in Polish).Google Scholar
- G. Grimmer, J. Jacob, K. W. Naujack, G. Dettbarn, Anal. Chem. 55, 895 (1983).Google Scholar
- J. Jakin, P. Krenmay, Intern. J. Environm. Anal. Chem. 21, 33 (1985).Google Scholar
- E. Przyboś, Z. Komala, K. Luks-Betlej, D. Bodzek, Archiwum Ochrony Srodowiska3–4, 169 (1990) (in Polish).Google Scholar
- Z. Komala, E. Przyboś, D. Bodzek, K. Luks-Betlej, Archiwum Ochrony Środowiska1, 79 (1992) (in Polish).Google Scholar