Absorption index error due to saturation in the laser sensing of an axisymmetrical inhomogeneity
- 14 Downloads
A technique is formulated for estimating the error of the absorption index due to saturation. In experiments an axisymmetrical inhomogeneity is sensed by a laser. The influence of the saturation effect on the reconstruction of the function representing the absorption index of the inhomogeneity is modeled mathematically. Error calculations are performed for a series of structures. Several simplified methods are devised for estimating the saturation error.
KeywordsSpectral Line Absorption Index Laser Spectroscopy Saturation Effect Transverse Relaxation Time
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.G. G. Levin and G. N. Vishnyakov,Optical Tomography [in Russian], Radio i Svyaz', Moscow (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.O. A. Evtikheeva and B. S. Rinkevichyus,Inventor's Certificate 704339 (USSR) [in Russian], Otkryt. Izobret., No. 37 (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.V. M. Popovnin,Izmer. Tekh., No. 12, 21 (1995).Google Scholar
- 5.K. S. Shifrin,Introduction to Optics of the Ocean [in Russian], Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad (1983).Google Scholar
- 7.W. Demtroder,Laser Spectroscopy: Basic Concepts and Instrumentation, 2nd enl. ed., Springer-Verlag, Berlin-New York (1996).Google Scholar
- 8.S. Stenholm,Foundations of Laser Spectroscopy, Wiley, New York (1984).Google Scholar
- 10.D. N. Klyshko,Physical Principles of Quantum Electronics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 11.V. S. Letokhov and V. P. Chebotaev,Nonlinear Ultrahigh-Resolution Laser Spectroscopy [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 12.P. F. Gruzdev,Transition Probabilities and Radiation Lifetimes of Atomic and Ionic Levels [in Russian], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1990).Google Scholar