The pH scale for aqueous solutions as an international standard
- 40 Downloads
Reasons are considered for setting up the new pH scale standard for aqueous solutions for which the major terms are explained and the scope of the standard is outlined.
KeywordsSodium Tetraborate Hydrogen Index Potassium Dihydrogen Phosphate Liquid Junction Potassium Hydrogen Phthalate
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N.N. Zdorikov et al.,Izmerit. Tekhn., No. 6, 5 (1998).Google Scholar
- 2.N.N. Zdorikov et al.,Zakonodatel. Prikl. Metrol., No. 5, 7 (1998).Google Scholar
- 3.GOST 8.134-74,The State System of Measurements: The pH Scale for Aqueous Solutions [in Russian] (ST SEV 627-77).Google Scholar
- 4.GOST 8.134-98,The State System of Measurements: The pH Scale for Aqueous Solutions [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.V.V. Dolgov et al.,Laboratory Diagnosis of Acid-Base State [in Russian], Riafarm, Moscow (1997).Google Scholar
- 6.A.K. Covington, R.G. Bates, and R.A. Durst,Pure Appl. Chem.,57, No. 3, 531 (1985)Google Scholar
- 7.H.B. Kristensen, A. Salomon, and G. Kokholm,Anal. Chem.,63, No. 18, 885 (1991).Google Scholar
- 8.R. Bates,pH Determination: Theory and Practice [Russian translation], Khimiya, Leningrad (1968).Google Scholar
- 9.Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, McGraw Hill, London (1997).Google Scholar
- 10.R.G. Bates,Grit. Rev. Anal. Chem.,10, 247 (1981).Google Scholar
- 11.N.N. Zdornikov et al.,Izmerit. Tekhn., No. 12, 51 (1997).Google Scholar
- 12.Y.C. Wu, W.F. Koch, and R.A. Durst,Standardization of pH Measurements, NBS Special Publ. No. 260-53 (1988).Google Scholar
- 14.BS 1647, Part 1:Measurement of pH (1984).Google Scholar
- 15.BS 1647, Part 2:Specification for Reference Value Standard Solutions and Operational Reference Standard Solutions (1984).Google Scholar
© Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers 1999