Modeling the process of self-ignition taking into account the influence of moisture on oxidative processes in coal
- 45 Downloads
Theoretical and experimental studies have indicated that the destruction of the film of adsorptionbound moisture drastically intensifies the coal oxidation process.
A mathematical model has been developed of the process of coal self-ignition which makes it possible to estimate the length of the incubation period and the fire-hazardous air movement speeds in a coal heap.
KeywordsBrown Coal Sorption Rate Coal Surface Coal Oxidation Oxygen Sorption
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. I. Lindenau, V. M. Maevskaya, and V. F. Krylov, The Origins, Prevention, and Suppression of Engogenous Fires in Coal Mines [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.E. V. Lifanov, “The influence of water on oxidation of fossil coals,” Khim. Tverd. Topl., No. 3 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.O. I. Chernov and V. I. Khavova, “Reducing coal oxidizability in mines,” Tekhn. Bezop., Okhr. Truda Gronospas. Delo, No. 6 (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.S. P. Panaseiko, “The influence of moisture on low-temperature oxidation of coal,” Khim. Tverd. Topl., No. 1 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Saranchuk, L. Ya. Galushko, L. V. Pashchenko, and L. V. Luk'yanenko, “The influence of water on low-temperature coal oxidation,” Khim. Tverd. Topl., No. 1 (1978),Google Scholar
- 6.V. I. Agafonova, “Moisture effects in low-temperature oxidation of brown coals,” Khim. Tverd. Topl., No. 1 (1970).Google Scholar
- 7.T. A. Kukharenko, Brown and Bituminous Coal Oxidized in Seams [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 8.I. V. Aleksandrov and V. I. Kamneva, “Mechanisms of initiating of self-oxidation of solid fossil fuels,” Khim. Tverd. Topl., No. 3 (1980).Google Scholar
- 9.L. V. Lykov, The Theory of Drying [in Russian], Énergiya, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 10.L. M. Nikitina, Thermodynamic Parameters and Mass Transfer Coefficients in Moist Materials [in Russian], Énergiya, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 11.V. D. Matsyna, V. A. Filippov, and N. A. Kolyuzhnaya, “A study and analysis of the forms and energy of moisture-coal bonding,” Khim. Tverd. Topl., No. 5 (1981).Google Scholar
- 12.I. E. Svyatets and A. A. Agroskin, “Supermolecular structure of the material of brown coal,” Khim. Tverd. Topl., No. 5 (1983).Google Scholar
- 13.V. A. Filippov, Design, Performance Estimates, and Operation of Equipment for the Drying of Mineral Raw Material [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 14.V. I. Saranchuk and Kh. A. Baev, The Theory of Coal Self-Ignition [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 15.V. Ya. Al'perovich, G. I. Chuntu, P. S. Pashkovskii, et al., “The incubation period in coal self-ignition,” Bezop. Truda Promyshl., No. 9 (1973).Google Scholar
- 16.H. B. Dwight, Tables of Integrals and Other Mathematical Data, Macmillian (1961).Google Scholar
- 17.N. M. Emanuel and D. G. Knorre, A Course in Chemical Kinetics [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar