Modeling the process of self-ignition taking into account the influence of moisture on oxidative processes in coal
Theoretical and experimental studies have indicated that the destruction of the film of adsorptionbound moisture drastically intensifies the coal oxidation process.
A mathematical model has been developed of the process of coal self-ignition which makes it possible to estimate the length of the incubation period and the fire-hazardous air movement speeds in a coal heap.
KeywordsBrown Coal Sorption Rate Coal Surface Coal Oxidation Oxygen Sorption
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. I. Lindenau, V. M. Maevskaya, and V. F. Krylov, The Origins, Prevention, and Suppression of Engogenous Fires in Coal Mines [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.E. V. Lifanov, “The influence of water on oxidation of fossil coals,” Khim. Tverd. Topl., No. 3 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.O. I. Chernov and V. I. Khavova, “Reducing coal oxidizability in mines,” Tekhn. Bezop., Okhr. Truda Gronospas. Delo, No. 6 (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.S. P. Panaseiko, “The influence of moisture on low-temperature oxidation of coal,” Khim. Tverd. Topl., No. 1 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Saranchuk, L. Ya. Galushko, L. V. Pashchenko, and L. V. Luk'yanenko, “The influence of water on low-temperature coal oxidation,” Khim. Tverd. Topl., No. 1 (1978),Google Scholar
- 6.V. I. Agafonova, “Moisture effects in low-temperature oxidation of brown coals,” Khim. Tverd. Topl., No. 1 (1970).Google Scholar
- 7.T. A. Kukharenko, Brown and Bituminous Coal Oxidized in Seams [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 8.I. V. Aleksandrov and V. I. Kamneva, “Mechanisms of initiating of self-oxidation of solid fossil fuels,” Khim. Tverd. Topl., No. 3 (1980).Google Scholar
- 9.L. V. Lykov, The Theory of Drying [in Russian], Énergiya, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 10.L. M. Nikitina, Thermodynamic Parameters and Mass Transfer Coefficients in Moist Materials [in Russian], Énergiya, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 11.V. D. Matsyna, V. A. Filippov, and N. A. Kolyuzhnaya, “A study and analysis of the forms and energy of moisture-coal bonding,” Khim. Tverd. Topl., No. 5 (1981).Google Scholar
- 12.I. E. Svyatets and A. A. Agroskin, “Supermolecular structure of the material of brown coal,” Khim. Tverd. Topl., No. 5 (1983).Google Scholar
- 13.V. A. Filippov, Design, Performance Estimates, and Operation of Equipment for the Drying of Mineral Raw Material [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 14.V. I. Saranchuk and Kh. A. Baev, The Theory of Coal Self-Ignition [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 15.V. Ya. Al'perovich, G. I. Chuntu, P. S. Pashkovskii, et al., “The incubation period in coal self-ignition,” Bezop. Truda Promyshl., No. 9 (1973).Google Scholar
- 16.H. B. Dwight, Tables of Integrals and Other Mathematical Data, Macmillian (1961).Google Scholar
- 17.N. M. Emanuel and D. G. Knorre, A Course in Chemical Kinetics [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar