On the second order wave diffraction in two layer fluids
- 22 Downloads
In this paper, with assumption that the stratified ocean consists of two layer fluids with different densities, the problem of the second order wave diffraction by three dimensional bodies in the stratifed ocean is investigated. With the use of the regular perturbation method, the boundary value problem of the second order multi-chromatic wave scattering potential is firstly formulated, and is based on a weakly radiation condition, a formal solution of this boundary value problem is then found. By using Green theorem and introducing an assisting potential, the integral expressions, which do not explicitly connect with the second order scattering potential, of the second order wave loads are also derived. Our analysis indicates that the effects of the stratification upon the second order difference frequency wave loads on the structures may be significant.
Key wordswave diffraction and scattering shipbuilding and offshore engineering wave loads nonlinear water waves internal waves
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. C. Mei,The Applied Dynamics of Ocean Surface Waves, Jone Wiley & Sons, Inc. (1983).Google Scholar
- G. P.Miao and Y. Z.Liu, On the radiation condition of second order wave diffraction problems,The 9th OMAE Symp., 1 (Part A) (1990), 205–212.Google Scholar
- TaoJianhua and LiuLianwu, Wave-current forces on a large vertical cylinder,J. Hydrodynamics, Ser. A,8 3 (1993), 265–272. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Wu Jianhua and Chen Yaosong, A theory of second order wave diffraction is slightly modulated beam sea,Proc. of Chinese Post-Doctors, Part 4 (1991), 106–112.Google Scholar
- WuJianhua, WuXiuhen and LiShimo, A theory of wave diffraction and radiation by large body in the stratified ocean, (I), (II), (III),J. Hydrodynamics, (I),4 2 (1989), 81–88; (II),4, 3 (1989), 105–110; (III),5, 1 (1990), 74–80.Google Scholar
- Wu Jianhua, The second order wave loads in stratified ocean,Proc. of 7th Int. Workshop on Water Waves and Floating Bodies, Val de Reuil, France, May 24–27 (1992).Google Scholar