Effect of systemic administration of a new piracetam peptide analog on postresuscitation recovery of the central nervous system
- 20 Downloads
Changes in the functions of the central nervous system were analyzed in albino rats resuscitated after a 12-min cardiac arrest. At the end of the first month after resuscitation, when the neurological status was completely restored, some emotional disturbances determining animal behavior were noted. Administration of GVS-111, a piracetam peptide analog, 30 min after the start of resuscitation increases survival rate, accelerates neurological recovery, and normalizes emotional reactivity in survivors.
Key Wordsclinical death neurological status emotional reactivity nootropics peptides
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Sh. Avrushchenko,Byull. Eksp. Biol. Med.,114, No. 8, 176–79 (1992).Google Scholar
- 2.G. V. Alekseeva,Anest. Reanimatol. No. 3, 70–71 (1980)Google Scholar
- 3.T. A. Gudasheva, G. G. Rozanov, R. U. Ostrovskayaet al., Khim.Farm. Zh.,29, No. 1, 15–18 (1995).Google Scholar
- 4.A. M. Gurvich, E. A. Mutuskina, and Yu. V. Zarzhetskii,Anest. Reanimatiol., No. 5, 6–9 (1994).Google Scholar
- 5.V. G. Korpachev, S. P. Lysenkov, and L. Z. Tel',Pat. Fiziol., No. 3, 78–80 (1982).Google Scholar
- 6.V. G. Korpachev, S. P. Lysenkov, and L. Z. Tel', in:Clinical Picture, Pathogenesis, and Management of Emergent States [in Russian], Novosibirsk (1982), pp. 8–13.Google Scholar
- 7.A. S. Maklakova, I. V. Nazarenko, V. A. Dubynin, et al.,Zh. Vyssh. Nervn. Deyat.,45, No. 6, 1143–1150 (1995).Google Scholar
- 8.V. A. Negovskii, A. M. Gyrvich, and E. S. Zolotokrylina,Postresuscitation Disease [in Russian], Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 10.R. U. Ostrovskaya, T. A. Gudasheva, S. S. Trofimov,et al.,in: Pharmacology of Nootropics (in Russian), Moscow (1989), pp. 26–35.Google Scholar
- 13.R. U. Ostrovskaya, T. A. Gudasheva, S. S. Trofimov,et al., Biological Basis of Individual Sensitivity of Psychtropic Drugs. Eds. S. B. Seredeninet al., Edinburgh (1995), pp. 79–91.Google Scholar
- 15.S. B. Seredenin, T. A. Voronina, T. A. Gudasheva,et al., U.S. Patent No. 5,439,930, August 8, 1995, New York (1995).Google Scholar