A study of the adsorption properties of the hypercross-linked polystyrene sorbents Styrosorb by gas chromatography. Effect of the conditioning temperature
- 24 Downloads
The effect of the conditioning temperature of the hypercross-linked polystyrene sorbents Styrosorb on the retention ofn-hexane, benzene. and acetone was studied by gas chromatography. The rigid but mobile structure of 100% cross-linked polymers with a specific surface area of 300–500 m2 g−1 prepared in cyclohexane slightly shrinks by conditioning above 200 °C. This results in a significant increase in the specific retention volumes of the adsorbates. The commercial hypercross-linked sorbents MN-100 and MN-200 with specific surface areas of −1000 m2 g−1 retain their structure up to 250 °C.
Key wordsStyrosorb hypercross-linked polystyrene parameters of porous structure gas chromatography specific retention volume conditioning temperature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Davankov and M. P. Tsyurupa,Pure and Appl. Chem., 1989,61, 1881.Google Scholar
- 3.L. D. Belyakova, O. V. Vasilevskaya, M. P. Tsyurupa, and V. A. Davankov,Zh. Fiz. Khim., 1995,69, 696 [Russ. J. Phys. Chem., 1995,69, 631 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 4.L. D. Belyakova, O. V. Vasilevskaya, M. P. Tsyurupa, and V. A. Davankov,Zh. Fiz. Khim., 1996,70, 1476 [Russ. J. Phys. Chem., 1996,70, 1374 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 6.Eksperimental'nye metody v adsorbtsii i molekulyarnoi khromatografii [Experimental Methods in Adsorption and Molecular Chromatography], Ed. by Yu. S. Nikitin and R. S. Petrova, Izd. MGU, Moscow, 1990, 316 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 7.I. A. Bardina, N. V. Kovaleva, Yu. S. Nikitin, and I. S. Protonina,Zh. Fiz. Khim., 1993,67, 2005 [Russ. J. Phys. Chem., 1993,67, 1804 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 8.L. D. Belyakova, E. Kurbanbekov, O. G. Larionov, M. P. Tsyurupa, and V. A. Davankov,Abstrs. of 21th Intern. Symp. on Chromatography, Stuttgart, 1996, 155.Google Scholar
- 9.L. D. Belyakova, Doctor Chem. Thesis, Institute of Physical Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, 1997, 231 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 10.G. I. Rosenberg, A. S. Shabaeva, V. S. Moryakov, T. G. Musin, M. P. Tsyurupa, and V. A. Davankov,React. Polymers, 1983,1, 175.Google Scholar