Oxidation of CO and hydrocarbons over perovskite-type complex oxides
- 96 Downloads
The catalytic activity of perovskites MIMIIO3 (MI=La; MII=Co, Mn, Cr, Al, Ni, and V) and MICoO3 (M=Y, Nd, Sm, and Er) in the oxidation of CO, propylene, and ethylbenzene was investigated. The highest activity was observed for the MICoO3 catalysts with perfect perovskite structure. The nature of the rare-earth element has no influence on the catalytic activity. Deformation of the octahedral coordination of the metal was found for the less active catalysts. The interaction of gases (CO, CO+air) with the catalyst surface was investigated. The more active catalysts adsorb a greater amount of O2, and the adsorption occurs in the temperature region of the oxidation reaction. The activities of the perovskite- and spinel-type catalysts were compared under similar conditions.
Key wordsperovskites spinel carbon monoxide propylene ethylbenzene catalytic oxidation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. Seiyama,Catal. Rev.-Sci. Eng., 1992,34, 281.Google Scholar
- 3.E. A. Trusova, M. V. Tsodikov, E. V. Slivinskii, and V. P. Marin,Neftekhimiya [Petrochemistry], 1995,53, No. 1, 13 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 4.L. Ya. Margolis and O. V. Krylov,Problemy Kinetiki i Kataliza [Problems of Kinetics and Catalysis], 1981,18, 120 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 5.L. G. Tejuca, J. L. G. Fierro, and J. M. D. Tascon,Adv. Catal., 1989,36, 244.Google Scholar
- 6.G. N. Pirogova, N. M. Panich, R. I. Korosteleva, and Yu. V. Voronin,Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 1996, 2666 [Russ. Chem. Bull., 1996,45, 2525 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 7.V. I. Varlamov and O. N. Golovchan,Zh. Prikl. Khim., 1988,61, 2329 [J. Appl. Chem. USSR, 1988,61 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 8.A. Ya. Rozovskii,Problemy Kinetiki i Kataliza [Problems of Kinetics and Catalysis], 1981,18, 80 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 9.V. M. Belousov, E. V. Kashuba, and L. V. Lyashenko,Kataliz i Katalizatory [Catalysis and Catalysts], 1986,24, 35 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 10.T. G. Alkhazov and L. Ya. Margolis,Glubokoe kataliticheskoe okislenie organicheskikh veshchestv [Deep Catalytic Oxidation of Organic Substances], Khimiya, Moscow, 1985, p. 83 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 11.G. N. Pirogova, R. I. Korosteleva, N. M. Panich, and Yu. V. Voronin,Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 1994, 602 [Russ. Chem. Bull., 1994,43, 551 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 12.A. Ya. Rozovskii, V. D. Stytsenko, and V. F. Tret'yakov,Kinet. Katal., 1973,14, 1082 [Kinet. Catal., 1973,14 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar