Analysis of 5-hydroxy-N-methyl-2-pyrrolidone and 2-hydroxy-N-methylsuccinimide in plasma
- 65 Downloads
A method for the determination of 5-hydroxy-N-methyl-2-pyrrolidone (5-HNMP) and 2-hydroxy-N-methylsuccinimide (2-HMSI) in plasma was developed. 5-HNMP and 2-HMSI are metabolites to the widely used organic solvent N-methyl-2pyrrolidone (NMP). The 5-HNMP and 2-HMSI were purified from plasma by C8 solid phase extraction, derivatised by bistrimethylsilyl trifluoroacetamid, and analysed by gas chromatography with mass spectrometric detection. For 5-HNMP, the precision was 2–7 % (120 and 780 ng mL−1) and the detection limit was 6 ng mL−1 (m/z 98). For 2-HMSI, the precision was 2–9 % (160 and 1000 ng mL−1) and the detection limit was 4 ng mL−1 (m/z 144). The method is applicable for analysis of plasma samples from workers exposed to NMP.
Key WordsGas chromatography-mass spectrometry Biological monitoring 5-hydroxy-N-methyl-2-pyrrolidone 2-hydroxy-N-methylsuccinimide Plasma samples
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- B. Åkesson, Arbete Halsa40, 1 (1994).Google Scholar
- J. Priborsky, E. Mühlbachova J. Pharm. Pharmacol.42, 468 (1990).Google Scholar
- P. J. Becci, M. J. Knickerbocker, E. L. Reagan, R. A. Parent, L. W. Burnette, Fundam. Appl. Toxicol.2, 273 (1982).Google Scholar
- H. Blome, M. Hennig, Staub-Reinhalt Luft44, 27 (1984).Google Scholar
- C. Ursin, C. M. Hansen, J. W. Van Dyk, P. O. Jensen, I. J. Christensen, J Ebbehoej, Am. Ind. Hyg. Assoc. J.56, 651 (1995).Google Scholar
- B. Åkesson, B. A. G. Jönsson, Drug Metab. Dispos.25, 267 (1997).Google Scholar
- B. A. G. Jönsson, B. Åkesson, J. Chromatogr. submitted for publication.Google Scholar
- B. A. G. Jönsson, B. Åkesson, J. Chromatogr. in press.Google Scholar
- J. C. Miller, J. N. Miller, Statistics for Analytical Chemistry, Ellis Horwood, Chichester 1984.Google Scholar