Interaction of the iridium(III) trihydridophosphine complex with fullerene C60 under thermal and photochemical excitation
- 42 Downloads
The interaction of the PPh3-stabilized iridium trihydrido complex H3Ir(PPh3)3 with fullerene C60 under thermal and photochemical excitation was studied under anaerobic conditions. Heating (100 °C) or photolysis by the visible light of the H3Ir(PPh3)3-C60 650 nm, which are characteristic of the ·2-coordinated C60 in several fullerene-containing metal complexes. The kinetic behavior of the H3Ir(PPh3)3)-C60 system in benzonitrile was investigated using a Nd3+-YAG laser (λ=532 nm). The quenching rate constant determined from the dependence of the effective first-order quenching constant of C60(T) on the concentration of H3Ir(PPh3)3 is equal to 1.1·109 L mol−1 s−1. The quenching of C60(T) by the iridium hydridophosphine complex follows the reductive mechanism to form a C60 monoanion. The ESR signal with g=2.000 and ΔH=0.17 mT (at room temperature) and characteristic absorption bands in the near-IR region at 940, 1004, and 1076 nm support the formation of the C60 monoanion during the interaction of the triplet-excited C60 with H3Ir(PPh3)3.
Key wordsfullerene C60 laser photolysis quenching rate constant ESR spectroscopy near-IR spectroscopy iridium trihydrido complexes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. I. Sokolov and I. V. Stankevich,Usp. Khim., 1993,62, 455 [Russ. Chem. Rev., 1993,62 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 3.N. F. Gol'dshleger, A. S. Lobach, A. S. Astakhova, M. G. Kaplunov, A. V. Kulikov, A. P. Moravskii, O. S. Roshchupkina, and Yu. M. Shul'ga,Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 1994, 1143 [Russ. Chem. Bull., 1994,43, 1081 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 8.N. N. Denisov, A. S. Lobach, and V. A. Nadtochenko,Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 1996 1163 [Russ. Chem. Bull., 1996,45, 1103 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 14.A. Weissberger, E. Proskauer, J. Riddick, and E. Toops,Organic Solvents, Wiley, New York, 1955.Google Scholar
- 15.J. J. Levison and S. D. Robinson,J. Chem. Soc., A, 1970, 2947.Google Scholar
- 16.V. A. Nadtochenko, N. N. Denisov, I. V. Rubtsov, A. S. Lobach, and A. P. Moravskii,Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 1993, 1228 [Russ. Chem. Bull., 1993,42, 1171 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar