Determination of the volatile constituents of ChineseCoriandrum sativum L. by gas chromatography—Mass spectrometry with solid-phase microextraction
Fifteen main volatile compounds in ChineseCoriandrum sativum L. were separated and identified by gas chromatography—mass spectrometry (GC-MS) combined with solid-phase microextraction (SPME). Fresh ChineseCoriandrum sativum L. was ground and its volatile compounds were extracted by SPME with a 100 μm polydimethylsiloxane fiber. The fibers were desorbed in a GC injection liner at 250°C for 3 min. More than 15 peaks were separated by headspace SPME-GC-MS analysis. The main compounds in headspace ofCoriandrum sativum L. identified by mass spectrometry included decanal, 2-decenal, 1-decanol,trans-2-decen-1-ol,trans-2-decen-1-al,trans-2-tridecenal etc, which were verified by reference compounds. Their relative contents were calculated on basis of peak areas. SPME extraction conditions and capillary chromatography column used to separate the volatile compounds were investigated.
Key WordsGas chromatography—mass spectrometry Solid-phase microextraction Volatile compounds ofCoriandrum sativum L
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Shang, C.Q.; Deng, C.H.; Zhang, X.Y.; Chen, Z.F.; Hu, Y.M.Chromatographia 2002,55, 737–741.Google Scholar
- Liu, J.; Hara, K.; Kashimura, S. Kashiwagi, M.; Hamanaka, T.; Miyoshi, A.; Kageura, M.J.Chromatogr. B 2000,748, 401–408.Google Scholar
- Diaz-Maroto, M.C.; Perez-Coello, M.S.; Cabezudo, M.D.Chromatographia 2002,55, 723–728.Google Scholar
- Zhang, Z.; Yang, M.Anal. Chem. 1994,66, 844–853.Google Scholar
- Li, W.; Chen, M.J.,Xi'an Highway Univ. 1996,16, 88–91.Google Scholar
- Zhao, S.X.Notebook in Valid Component of Plant Drug, People Sanitary Press, Beijing, P.R. China,1989.Google Scholar
- Leibrand, R.L.Am. Lab. 1991,23, 73–77.Google Scholar