Determination of isoquinoline alkaloids inThalictrum herbal drugs by non-aqueous capillary electrophoresis
A rapid non-aqueous capillary electrophoresis method has been developed for the separation and determination, within 14 min, of eight isoquinoline alkaloids (berberine, palmatine, jatrorrhizine, (+)-tetrandrine, berbamine, thalifaricine, northalfine, and thalistine) in seventeen samples of the herbal drug thalictrum. A methanolic solution of sodium acetate (75mm) and acetic acid (1m) was found to be the optimum running buffer for the separation. Thalictrum Atriplex Finet et Gagep (T.AFG) was selected for further study, including investigation of recovery and precision, because this preparation contained all the isoquinoline alkaloids tested. Calibration curves were highly linear over a 20-fold concentration range and detection limits for all eight alkaloids were in the range 0.42–3.04 μg mL−1.
Key WordsCapillary electrophoresis Non-aqueous buffer Thalictrum Isoquinoline alkaloids
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gao, G.Y.; PhD Dissertation, Study of the Chemical Components of T. Atriplex Finet et Gagep, Institute of Medicinal Plant Development, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China,1995.Google Scholar
- Zhou, Y.; Guo, Y.Z.; Meng, X.S.Chinese Herbal Medicine 1990,21(9), 13.Google Scholar
- Wang, X.X.; Guo, Y.Z.Shenyang Yaoxue Xuebao (Chinese)1992,9(1), 22.Google Scholar
- Zhou, Y.; Guo, Y.Z.; Meng, X.S.Shenyang Yaoxue Xuebao (Chinese)1991,8(4), 291.Google Scholar
- Wang, Z.T.; Xiao, P.G.Chinese Herbal Medicine 1988,19(4), 161.Google Scholar
- Zhu, M.Yaowu Fenxi Zazhi (Chinese)1990,10(2), 72.Google Scholar
- Wei, W.; Wang, Y.M.; Luo, G.A.Acta Pharm. Sinica 1997,32, 476.Google Scholar
- Sheu, S.J.Chemistry (Taiwan)1996,54, 55.Google Scholar
- Li, Y.; Li, Y.; Liu, H.Mod. Instrum. (Chinese)2000,5, 1.Google Scholar
- Li, Y.; Long, H.; Liu, H.J. Chin. Pharm. Sci. 2000,9, 80.Google Scholar