4:3-β-naphthapyrone-4-acetic acidN-hydroxysuccinimidyl ester as a fluorescent labeling reagent for amino acids and oligopeptides in high-performance liquid chromatography
- 66 Downloads
4:3-β-Naphthapyrone-4-acetic acidN-hydroxysuccinimidyl ester (NPA-OSu) is a highly sensitive and moderately reactive derivatizing reagent with a naphthapyrone moiety as fluorophore and anN-hydroxysuccinimidyl active ester as reactive group toward amino compounds. It is readily prepared in two steps. The fluorescence properties of NPA-OSu and its hydrolysis product have been studied in detail, and the conditions for derivatization and separation of the NPA-OSu derivatives of some amino acids and oligopeptides have been investigated. Atλ ex = 352 nm andλ em = 422 nm the detection limits (signal-to-noise ratio=3) for amino acids and oligopeptides reached fmol levels, for injection of 20 μL; this sensitivity was comparable with that obtained by use of 7-(diethylamino)coumarin-3-carboxylic acid succinimidyl ester as derivatizing reagent in the analysis of amino acids by capillary electrophoresis with laser-induced-fluorescence detection.
Key WordsColumn liquid chromatography 4:3-β-Naphthapyrone-4-acetic acidN-hydroxysuccinimidyl ester (NPA-OSu) Amino acid Oligopeptide Fluorescent derivatizing eagent
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- You, J.M.; Fan, X.J.; Wang, H.E.; Wang, G.J.; Wang, J.X.; Zhou, C.L.J. Liq. Chrom. Rel. Technol. 1998,21, 2103–2115.Google Scholar
- Zhao, Y.Y.; Wang, H.; Zhang, H.S.; Xu, G.L.J. Liq. Chrom. Rel. Technol. 1998,21, 1807–1816.Google Scholar
- Takadate, A.; Masuda, T.; Murata, C.; Isobe, A.; Shinohara, T.; Irikura, M.; Goya, S.Anal. Sci. 1997,13, 753–756.Google Scholar
- Ito, K.; Maruyama, J.Chem Pharm. Bull. 1983,31, 3014–3023.Google Scholar
- Dey, B.J. Chem. Soc. 1915, 1607–1651.Google Scholar