Anthocyanins and their distribution in the genusEpimedium
- 53 Downloads
Anthocyanins contained in plants belonging to the genusEpimedium in Japan are discussed in this study. Two kinds of anthocyanin, delphinidin 3-p-coumaroyl-sophoroside-5-glucoside (cayratinin) and cyanidin 3-p-coumaroylsophoroside, were identified, and the latter is new to the literature. Only cayratinin was found in the colored petals of theEpimedium species, but cayratinin and cyanidin glucoside were contained in the stems, young leaves and autumn leaves of all the species surveyed.
Key wordsAnthocyanins Distribution pattern Epimedium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Akai, S. 1935. Untersuchungen ueber die Bestandteile vonEpimedium-Arten. I. Mitt. Ueber die chemische Konstitution eines neuen Flavonglykosides vonEpimedium macranthum Morr et Decne (I. Abteilung). Yakugaku Zassi55: 537–599.Google Scholar
- Abe, Y. andK. Hayashi 1956. Further studies on paper chromatography of anthocyanins, involving an examination of glycoside types by partial hydrolysis. Studies on anthocyanins XXIX. Bot. Mag. Tokyo69: 577–585.Google Scholar
- Ishikura, N. andM. Shibata 1970. Cayratinin, a new anthocyanin from the pericarp ofCayratia japonica. Bot. Mag. Tokyo83: 179–183.Google Scholar
- Shibata, M. andK. Yoshitama 1969. Paperchromatographic determination of anthocyanin contained in the flower ofPharbitis Nil Chois. “Scarlet O'Hara”. Bot. Mag. Tokyo82: 278–286.Google Scholar
- Shimizu, T. 1960. Notes on the vascular plants characteristic of the limestone area in the southern part of Pref. Kumamoto, Kyûshû, Japan 1. Acta Phytotax. Geobot,18: 117–128 (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- Takeda, K. andK. Hayashi. 1963. Further evidence for the new structure of violanin as revealed by degradation with hydrogen peroxide. Studies on anthocyanins XLI. Proc. Japan Acad.39: 484–488.Google Scholar
- Tomita, M. andH. Ishii 1957. Studies on the alkaloids of Berberidaceous plants. XII. Alkaloids ofEpimedium rugosum Nakai. Yakugaku Zassi77: 114–116.Google Scholar