The flavonoid chemistry of the genusTrillium
- 71 Downloads
Four flavonol glycosides (Fig.1) were isolated from the leaves ofTrillium tschonoskii Maxim. By means of UV, NMR, and mass spectral analyses, they were identified to be acetylated kaempferol 3-O-arabinosylgalactoside (TK-1), kaempferol 3-O-arabinosylgalactoside (TK-2), acetylated quercetin 3-O-arabinosylgalactoside (TQ-1) and quercetin 3-O-arabinosylgalactoside (TQ-2). High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) profiles of 172 specimens ofT. tschonoskii collected from nine different places in Japan were grouped into three different types based on the flavonoid components: type I and type II containing TK-1 and TQ-1, and TK-2 and TQ-2, respectively, as main component, and type III containing all of four flavonol glycosides. Those results show that the intraspecific variation ofT. tschonoskii with different geographical distribution has not only been found by the analysis of karyotype, but also that of flavonoid components.
Key wordsFlavonol glycosides geographical variation HPLC elution profiles Liliaceae Trillium tschonoskii
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Haga, T. 1937. Genom and polyploidy in the genusTrillium. I. Chromosome affinity between the genoms. Jpn. J. Genet.13: 135–145.Google Scholar
- — 1951. Genom and polyploidy in the genusTrillium. III. Origin of the polyploid species. Cytologia.16: 243–258.Google Scholar
- Harborne, J.B. andB.L. Turner. 1984. Plant Chemosystematics. Academic press, London.Google Scholar
- Kawasaki, M. andK. Yoshitama. 1986. Seasonal and geographical variations of the flavonoid components in the leaves ofPolygonum cuspidatum Sieb. et Zucc. Res. Inst. Evolut. Biol. Sci. Rep.3: 132–136 (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- Mabry, T.J., K.R. Markham andM.B. Thomas. 1970. The Systematic Identification of Flavonoids. Springer-Verlag, Berlin.Google Scholar
- Markham, K.R. 1982. Hydrolysis and the analysis of glycosides.In K.R. Markham, ed., Techniques of Flavonoid Identification, pp. 52–60. Academic Press, London.Google Scholar
- Uchino, A. 1985a. Structure and dynamics of natural populations of polyploid Trilliums. III. A tetraploid speciesTrillium tschonoskii Maximowicz. Jpn. J. Genet.60: 545–555.Google Scholar
- — 1985b. Chromosomal variation in the K2T genome complex of polyploid Trilliums. Jpn. J. Genet.60: 557–564.Google Scholar
- Watanabe, H. andH. Kayano. 1971. Karyotype analysis of natural populations ofTrillium tschonoskii. Jpn. J. Genet.46: 231–234.Google Scholar