The effects of turbulence on the aerodynamic properties of two-dimensional rectangular prisms (II)—Elastically supported case
The effects of turbulence on the aerodynamic properties, especially surface-pressure spectra and vortex-induced vibrations, of two-dimensional rectangular prisms with slenderness ratios of 2 and 4 are investigated experimentally. Particular attention is given to turbulence integral scale effects from the view-point of energy distribution in frequency domain.
Key Wordsvortex-induced vibration turbulence shear layer Karman vortex
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Shiraishi, N., Matsumoto, M., Mashimo, H. & Honda, A.,The Memories of the Faculty of Engn. Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan,XLY, Part 4, (1983).Google Scholar
- Shiraishi, N. & Matsumoto, M.,Transaction of Japanese Society on Wind Engn.,20, (1984), 103–127 (In Japanese).Google Scholar
- Matsumoto, M., Shiraishi, N. & Shirato, H., Seventh Intern. Conf. on Wind Engn., Aachen, West Germany,2, (1987), 129–138.Google Scholar
- Sun Yawei, Symposium on Mechanics, Seven Provinces, Autonomous Region and Cities of North China, Chinese Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Taiyuan, 1, (1988) (In Chinese).Google Scholar
- Lawson, T. V., Wind Effects on Buildings Applied Science Publishers LTD., 1, (1980), 99.Google Scholar
- Shiraishi, N., Matsumoto, M., Shirato, H. & Kishi, A., Annual Report of the Disaster Prevention Research Institute, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan, No. 28, B-1, (1985), (In Japanese).Google Scholar