The complex variable boundary element method for solving sandwich plate problems
- 5 Downloads
The objective of this paper is to develop a new complex variable boundary element method for sandwich plates of Reissner's type and Hoff's type. The general solution of Helmhotz equation in complex field is given. Based on the Vekua's complex integral representation of the analytic function, the new boundary integral equations are formulated. The density function in the integral equation is determined directly by boundary element method. Some standard examples are presented, and the results of numerical solutions are accurate everywhere in the plate. The approach presented is only applicable for bounded simply connected regions.
Key wordsBEM sandwich plates Helmhotz equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Vekua, I. N. New Methods for Solving Elliptic Equations, (1967).Google Scholar
- Muskhellishvili, N. I., Singular Integral Equations: Boundary Problems of Function Theory and their Application to Mathematical Physis, 3rd ed., (1968) (in Russian).Google Scholar
- The Bending, Stability and Vibration of Sandwich Plate and Shell, Science Press, (1977) (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Hromadka Il, T. V., The Complex Variable Boundary Element Method, Springer-Verlag, (1984).Google Scholar
- Hu Haichang, On some problems of sandwich plate.Acta Mechanica Sinica 6,1 (1965) (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Liu Chuntu, On the transformation of the governing equations of sandwich plate,Acta Mechanica Sinica,8, 4 (1965) (in Chinese).Google Scholar