Unsteady theory of the hydrofoil of finite span
- 14 Downloads
A three-dimensional unsteady flow around the hydrofoil has been dealt with in this paper. Under the assumption of infinitesimal wave and thin hydrofoil, analytic solution of perturbation velocity potential induced by the unsteady flow of a hydrofoil which is simplified as a series of rectangular vortex rings is achieved and then the unsteady forces can be evaluated.
Key wordshydrofoils unsteady flow vortex sheets water waves potential flow
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Wu, Y.T.,Jour. of Math. andPhys.,33(1954).Google Scholar
- Nishiyama, T.,Jour. of Ship Res.,9, 2(1965).Google Scholar
- Li, B. Q. and He, Y. S., A theory for swept hydrofoils of finite span, Presented at the 1st Chinese Conf. on Fluid Dynamics, Shanghai (Oct., 1963) (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Sun, S. Q., He, Y. S. and Li, B. Q., A simplified nonlinear theory for rectangular hydrofoils of small aspect ratio, Symposium on New Developments of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Rep. No. 405, Shanghai, China, (1983).Google Scholar
- Sedov, L. I., Two-dimensional Problems in Hydrodynamics and Aerodynamics, Interscience Publishers (A Division of John Wiley & Sons Inc.) (1965).Google Scholar
- Li, B. Q. and He, Y. S.,Annual of the CSNAME,1(1982).Google Scholar
- Lu, C.J., Unsteady Theory of the Simplified Hydrofoil of Finite Span and Its Calculation, Department of Engineering Mechanics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (1982) (in Chinese).Google Scholar