Numerical calculations for two-phase jet flow of a mixture of pulverized-coal and gas
In this paper, Euler-Lagrange type equations are used to describe the jet flow of a mixture of pulverized-coal and gas, which is an unsteady axisymmetric two-phase flow. By means of the finite-difference method, the coal particle's distribution, velocity and trajectory in the flow field are obtained. The coal particles are represented by a finite number of computational particles. Each particle's diameter is randomly assigned according to a given distribution. The states of the computational particles are different from each other. Turbulence is accounted for in a stochastic model. Explicit time-splitting scheme is used to calculate the strongly coupling interphase term. The numerical results are reasonable. The comparison between the numerical results and the experiment data for the case of the oil droplet injection shows good agreement. This numerical technique can be extended to the calculation of other two-phase flows of dilute particles or a droplet system.
Key Wordsgas-particle two-phase flow pulverized-coal injection gas injection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Travis, J., Harlow, F.H. and Amsden, A.A.,Nuclear Science and Engineering,61(1976), 1–10.Google Scholar
- Soo, S.L., Fluid Dynamics of Multiphase Flow, Blaisdell Publishing Company, Waltham (1967).Google Scholar
- Spalding, D.B., Recent Ady. in Numerical Method in Fluid,I, Pineridge Press, U.K. (1980), 139–167.Google Scholar
- Przekwas, A., Wanik, A., and Zembrzuski, M., Prediction of Coal Particles Combustion in Two-Dimensional Flows, Two-Phase Momentum Heat and Mass Transfer in Chemical Process and Energy Engineering Systems, I, Hemisphere Publishing Coopration (1979), 423–439.Google Scholar
- Hiroyasu, H., and Kadota, T., SAE paper 740715, (1974).Google Scholar
- Guo, B.T., Fan, Z.Q., Zheng, B.Z., Ding, J.M., Numerical Calculations of Particle-Gas Mixing Two-Phase Flow, China-U.S. Seminar on Two-Phase Flow and Heat Transfer, Xian (1984).Google Scholar