Higher-order analysis of near-tip fields around an interfacial crack between two dissimilar power law hardening materials
- 2 Downloads
By means of an asymptotic expansion method of a regular series, an exact higher-order analysis has been carried out for the near-tip fields of an interfacial crack between two different elastic-plastic materials. The condition of plane strain is invoked. Two group of solutions have been obtained for the crack surface conditions: (1) traction free and (2) frictionless contact, respectively. It is found that along the interface ahead of crack tip the stress fields are co-order continuous while the displacement fields are cross-order continuous. The zone of dominance of the asymptotic solutions has been estimated.
Key Wordsinterfacial crack elastic-plastic near-tip fields higher-order asymptotic analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ruhle M, Evans AG, Ashby MF and Hirth JP. Metal-Ceramic Interfaces. Acta Scripta Metallurgica Proceedings Series 4. New York: Peraman Press, 1990Google Scholar
- Shih CF, Asaro RJ.J Appl Mech, 1989, 56: 763–779Google Scholar
- Shih CF, Asaro RJ, O'Dowd NP.J Appl Mech, 1991, 58: 450–463Google Scholar
- Wang TC.Engng Fract Mech, 1990, 37: 525–538Google Scholar
- Xia L, Wang TC. Elastic-Plastic stress field of frictionless contact at interfacial crack tip, submitted to publication, 1991Google Scholar
- Shih CF. STP 560, ASTM. 1974, 187–210Google Scholar