Boundary element method for orthotropic thick plates
- 11 Downloads
The fundamental solutions of the orthotropic thick plates taking into account the transverse shear deformation are derived by means of Hörmander's operator method and a plane-wave decomposition of the Dirac δ-function in this papey. The boundary integral equations of the thick plates have been formulated which are adapted to arbitrary boundary conditions and plane forms. The numerical calculation of the fundamental solutions is discussed in detail. Some numerical examples are analyzed with BEM.
Key Wordsorthotropic thick plates fundamental solutions BEM
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hörmander, L., Linear Partial Differential Operators, Springer-Verlag, Berlin (1963).Google Scholar
- Gel'fand, I. M. and Shilov, G. E., Generalised function, Vol. 1, Academic Press, Inc. New York (1967).Google Scholar
- Pattersom, C. and Sheikh, M. A., Interelement Continuity in Boundary Element Methodss, in Topics in Boundary Element Research (Ed. C. A. Brebbia),1(1984).Google Scholar
- Abramowitz, M. and Stegun, I. A., Handbook of Mathematical Functions with Formulas, Grapus, and Mathematical Tables, National Bureau of Standards Applied Mathematics series-55, New York (1965).Google Scholar
- Lekhnitzkii, S. G., Anisotropic Plates, Gordon and Breach, London (1968).Google Scholar
- He Guangqian, Lin Chunzhe and Shao Lazi, Fundamental Solution for Thin Shallow Shell with Quadratic Surface,Shanghai Mechanics 2 (1984), 1–11.Google Scholar
- Cao Zhiyuan and Yang Shengtian, Theory and Application of Dynamics for Thick Plates, Science Press (in Chinese), (1983).Google Scholar