On one stochastic model that leads to a stable distribution
- 16 Downloads
We consider an integral equation describing the contagion phenomenon, in particular, the equation of the state of a hereditarily elastic body, and interpret this equation as a stochastic model in which the Rabotnov exponent of fractional order plays the role of density of probability of random delay time. We invesgigate the approximation of the distribution for sums of values with a given density to the stable distribution law and establish the principal characteristics of the corresponding renewal process.
KeywordsStochastic Model Fractional Order Elastic Body Renewal Process Laplace Transformation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Yu. N. Rabotnov, Elements of Hereditary Mechanics of Solids [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 3.E. S. Sinaiskii, “On asymptotic representation of an operator acting on a power function for the description of the behavior of elastically hereditary media,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh., No. 1, 128–131 (1965).Google Scholar
- 4.A. I. Yablonskii, Mathematical Models in Scientific Investigations [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.V. M. Zolotarev, One-Dimensional Stable Distributions [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 6.I. A. Ibragimov and Yu. V. Linnik, Independent and Stationary Bound Quantities [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 7.S. Stoilow, Theory of Functions of a Complex Variable [Russian translation], Vol. 1, Inostrannaya Literatura, Moscow (1962).Google Scholar
- 8.G. H. Hardy, J. E. Littlewood, and G. Pólya, Inequalities [Russian translation], Inostrannava Literatura, Moscow (1948).Google Scholar
- 9.D. R. Cox and W. L. Smith, Renewal Theory [Russian translation], Sovetskoe Radio, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar