Groups of finite non-Abelian sectional rank
We study non-Abelian locally finite groups and non-Abelian locally solvable groups of finite non-Abelian sectional rank and prove that their (special) rank is finite.
KeywordsNormal Subgroup Finite Group Local System Nilpotent Group Quotient Group
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.V. P. Shunkov, “On locally finite groups with minimum condition for Abelian subgroups”, Algebra Logika, 9, No. 5, 579–615 (1970).Google Scholar
- 7.M. Hall, Theory of Groups [Russian translation], Inostrannaya Literatura Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 9.I. I. Pavlyuk and V. P. Shunkov, “On locally finite groups with min-p condition for all p”, in: Abstracts of the VIIth All-Union Symposium on the Theory of Groups [in Russian], Krasnoyarsk University, Krasnoyarsk (1980), pp. 84–85.Google Scholar
- 10.O. Yu. Dashkova, Groups of Finite Metabelian Rank [in Russian], Preprint No. 90. I, Institute of Mathematics, Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Kiev (1990).Google Scholar
- 13.D. J. S. Robinson, “A note on groups of finite rank,” Compos. Math., 31, No. 2, 240–246 (1969).Google Scholar
- 15.V. S. Charin, “On solvable groups of A4 type,” Mat. Sb., 53, No. 3, 895–914 (1960).Google Scholar
- 17.O. Yu. Dashkova, Groups of Finite Non-Abelian Rank [in Russian], Author's Abstract of Candidate-Degree Thesis (Physics and Mathematics). Novosibirsk (1990).Google Scholar
- 18.A. G. Kurosh, Theory of Groups [in Russian] Nauka, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1998