In-plane wave motion in finite element model
- 6 Downloads
The analysis method of lattice dynamics in classical physics is extended to study the properties of in-plane wave motion in the hybrid-mass finite element model in this paper. The dispersion equations of P and SV waves in the discrete model are first obtained by means of separating the characteristic equation of the motion equation, and then used to analyse the properties of P-and SV-homogeneous, inhomogeneous waves and other types of motion in the model. The dispersion characters, cut-off frequencies of P and SV waves, the polarization drift and appendent anisotropic property of wave motion caused by the discretization are finally discussed.
Key Wordsfinite element discrete model in-plane wave motion lattice dynamics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Liao Zhenpeng, Liu Jingbo. Earthq Eng Eng Vibration, 1986, 6(2): 1–16 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Liu Jingbo, Liao Zhenpeng, Earthq Eng Eng Vibration, 1989, 9(2): 1–14 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Liu Jingbo, Liao Zhenpeng, Earthq Eng Eng Vibration, 1990, 10(2): 1–10 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Liu Jingbo. Ph. D dissertation, Harbin China: Ins Eng Mech. SSB, 1989 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 5.Liu Jingbo, Liao Zhenpeng. Earthq Eng Eng Vibration, 1987, 7(2): 1–18 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Belytschko T, Mullen R. On dispersive properties of finite element solutions. in: Miklowitz J, Achenbach D, ed. Modern Problems in Elastic Wave Propagation, Wiley, 1978: 67–82Google Scholar