The topological optimization for truss structures with stress constraints based on the exist-null combined model
- 65 Downloads
A new exist-null combined model is proposed for the structural topology optimization. The model is applied to the topology optimization of the truss with stress constraints. Satisfactory computational result can be obtained with more rapid and more stable convergence as compared with the cross-sectional optimization. This work also shows that the presence of independent and continuous topological variable motivates the research of structural topology optimization.
Key wordsstructural topology optimization independent and continuous topological variable smooth model exist-null combination truss stress constraint
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Sui YK. Modeling, transformation and optimization—new developments of structural synthesis method. Dalian: Dalian University of Technology Press, 1996 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Templeman AB, Yates DE. A linear programming approach to the discrte optimum design of trusses.Engineering Optimization, 1983, 6(3): 145–155Google Scholar
- 5.Sui YK. Optimum method of discrete variables for the structure composed of multi-elements and program system DDDU-4.Shanghai Journal of Mechanics, 1984(4): 12–23 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 6.Sui YK, Peng KJ. An applied method for trusses of discrete variables and its program implementation.Journal of Dalian Institute of Technology, 1986, 25(1):106–108 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Sui YK, Lin YM. The optimization of beam-containing structure with discrete cross-section and its computer implementation. The Second East Asia-Pacific Conference on Structural Engineering and Construction, Chiang Mai, Thailand, 11–13 January, 1989Google Scholar