On exact solution of kármán's equations of rigid clamped circular plate and shallow spherical shell under a concentrated load
- 66 Downloads
It is extremely difficult to obtain an exact solution of von Kármán's equations because the equations are nonlinear and coupled. So far many approximate methods have been used to solve the large deflection problems except that only a few exact solutions have been ised to solve the large deflection problems except that only a few exact solutions have been investigated but no strict proof on convergence is presented yet. In this paper, first of all, we reduce the von Kármán's equations to equivalent integral equations which are nonlinear, coupled and singular. Secondly the sequences of continuous function with general form are constructed using iterative technique. Based on the sequences to be uniformly convergent, we obtain analytical formula of exact solutions to von Kármán's equations related to large deflection problems of circular plate and shallow spherical shell with clamped boundary subjected to a concentrated load at the centre.
KeywordsExact Solution Circular Plate Iterative Solution Perturbation Parameter Concentrate Load
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- von Kármán T., Festigkeits problems in maschinenbau,Encyklopadie der Mathematischen Wissenschaften,4, 4 (1910), 348.Google Scholar
- Way, S. Bending of circular plate with large reflection. ASME, Trans.J. Appl. Mech.,56 (1934), 627–636.Google Scholar
- Hu Hai-chang, On the large deflection of a circular plate under combined action of uniformly distributed load and concentrated load at the centre, (in Chinese),Acta Physica Sinica,10, 4 (1954), 383–392. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Yeh Kai-yuan and Zhou You-he, On solving high-order solutions of chuen's perturbation method to study convergence by computer,Appl. Math. and Mech.,7, 4 (1986), 285–293.Google Scholar
- Yeh Kai-yuan and Liu Ke-huai, etc., Nonlinear stabilitico of thin circular shallow shells under actions of axisymmetrical uniformly distributed line loads,Journal of Lanzhou University (Natural Sciences), 18, 2 (1965), 10–33 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Chien Wei-zang and Yeh Kai-yuan, On the large deflection of circular plate,Acta Physica Sinica,10, 3 (1954), 209–238 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Courant, R. and R. Hilbert,Methods of Mathematical Physics, v. I. Interscience Publishers, INC., New York (1953), 351–388.Google Scholar