Extension and application of Newton's method in nonlinear oscillation theory
- 16 Downloads
In this paper we suggest and prove that Newton's method may calculate the asymptotic analytic periodic solution of strong and weak nonlinear nonautonomous systems, so that a new analytic method is offered for studying strong and weak nonlinear oscillation systems. On the strength of the need of our method, we discuss the existence and calculation of the periodic solution of the second order nonhomogeneous linear periodic system. Besides, we investigate the application of Newton's method to quasi-linear systems. The periodic solution of Duffing equation is calculated by means of our method.
Key wordsNewton's method resonance nonresonance strongly nonlinear systems truncated equations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Li Zheng-Yuan and Chien Min,The Rotation Degree Theory in Field of Vectors and Its Application, Pekjing University Press (1982). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Bogoliubov, N. N., and Y. A. Mitropolsky,Asymptotic Method in the Theory of Nonlinear Oscillation, Science Press (1974). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Malkin, I. G.,Liapnov Method and Poincaré Method in the Theory of Nonlinear Oscillations, Science Press (1959). (Chinese version)Google Scholar
- Nayfeh and Mook,Nonlinear Oscillation, New York (1978).Google Scholar
- Xu Zhao, A new asymptotic method in nonlinear mechanics,Acta Mechanics Sinica,17, 3 (1985).Google Scholar
- Li Li, The periodic solution of quasi-conservative system,Proceedings of the Int. Conf. on Nonl. Mech., Science Press (1985).Google Scholar
- Contolovich, L. V., and G. P. Ackilov,Functional Analysis, Advanced Education Press (1984). (Chinese version)Google Scholar
- Ouyang Guang-zhong,Mathematical Analysis, Advanced Education Press (1985). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Lusjelnick, L. A., and G. P. Ackilov,Functional Analysis Bases, Science Press, Moscow (1965). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Lin Chien-bo,Nonlinear Oscillations in the Physical Systems, translated by Northeast Institute of Technology (1980).Google Scholar