Theory of nonlocal asymmetric elastic solids
- 27 Downloads
In this paper, a nonlinear theory of nonlocal asymmetric, elastic solids is developed on the basis of basic theories of nonlocal continuum field theory and nonlinear continuum mechanics. It perfects and expands the nonlocal elastic field theory developed by Eringen and others. The linear theory of nonlocal asymmetric elasticity developed in  expands to the finite deformation. We show that there is the nonlocal body moment in the nonlocal elastic solids. The nonlocal body moment causes the stress asymmetric and itself is caused by the covalent bond formed by the reaction between atoms. The theory developed in this paper is applied to explain reasonably that curves of dispersion relation of one-dimensional plane longitudinal waves are not similar with those of transverse waves.
Key wordsnon-symmetrical stress nonlocal theory body couple stress
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gao Jian, Linear theory of nonlocal asymmetric elastic solids, Ph. D. Dissertation, Graduate School, China Institute of Mining, Beijing (1988), 14. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Kunin, I. A.Elastic Media with Microstructure III, Springer-Verlag, Berlin. (1983).Google Scholar
- Eringen, A. C.,Continuum Physics, Vol. IV, Academic Press, New York (1976).Google Scholar
- Chen Zhi-da,Rational Mechanics, China Institute of Mining Technology Press, Xu Zhou, Jiangsu (1986). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Mason, J. M., VariationalIncremental and Energy Methods in Solids Mechanics and Shell Theory, Amsterdam Oxford, New York (1980).Google Scholar
- Omar, M. A.,Elementary Solid State Physics Principle and Applications, Peking Teachers University Press, Beijing (1986). (Chinese version)Google Scholar