Conversion ofn-hexane over Pt−Sn/γ-Al2O3 catalyst
- 36 Downloads
Conversion ofn-hexane has been applied as a test reaction to study differences between the series of Pt−Sn/γ-Al2O3 catalysts obtainedvia different methods of preparation. Preliminary results of catalytic experiments have been compared with some changes occurring on the catalysts surfaces as the results of the preparation technique applied. It has been found that catalysts with the second metal (Sn) introduced to the support by the coprecipitation technique were much more stable in comparison to the catalysts where the tin component has been added by the impregnation method, however, we have not observed large differences in catalytic activity.
KeywordsBimetallic catalyst Pt−Sn/γ-Al2O3 conversion ofn-hexane
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ger. Offen. 2,027,296 (1970) to Shell.Google Scholar
- 2.U.S. Patent. 3,577,474 (1971) to Chevron.Google Scholar
- 3.U.S. Patent: 3,415,737 (1968) to Chevron.Google Scholar
- 4.W.S. Kmak:AIChE Natl. Meet. Houston, 1971, paper14e.Google Scholar
- 6.J.L. Margitfalvi, M. Hegedüs, S. Göbölös, E. Kern-Tálas, P. Szedlacsek, S. Szabó, F. Nagy: inProc. 8th Int. Congr. Catalysis, West Berlin, July 2–6, 1984, Vol. 4, pp. 903–914. Verlag Chemie, Weinheim 1984.Google Scholar
- 7.E. Kern-Tálas, M. Hegedüs, S. Göbölös, P. Szedlacsek, J.L. Margitfalvi: in B. Delmon, P. Grange, P.A. Jacobs and G. Poncelet (eds.),Preparation of Catalysts IV, pp. 689–700. Elsevier, Amsterdam 1986.Google Scholar
- 13.P. Kirszensztejn, Z. Foltynowicz, St. Zieliński, G.B. Hoflund:Ann. Chim. Fr.,14, 449 (1989).Google Scholar
- 18.G.C. Bond, T. Mallat:J. Chem. Soc. Faraday Trans.,77, 1743 (1981).Google Scholar