Anin numero study of glucose-insulin interaction
A mathematical model has been developed to simulate the glucose-insulin interaction following a glucose load such as occurs in an IVGTT. This model differs from earlier models in that the insulin response to glucose loading is a recurring all or none threshold response. The model has been simulated on a digital computer using the digital analog simulation language CSMP.
KeywordsInsulin Release Insulin Response Refractory Period Glucose Load Initial Release
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- —, L. C. Gatewood, J. W. Rosevear and G. D. Molnar. 1965. “Model Studies of Blood Glucose Regulation”Bull. Math. Biophysics,27, Special Issue, 21–37.Google Scholar
- Basabe, J., N. Lopex, J. Viktora and F. Wolff. 1970. “Studies of Insulin Secretion in the Perfused Rat Pancreas: Effect of Diazoxide and A025.”Diabetes,19, 271–281.Google Scholar
- Bolie, V. W. 1961. “Coefficients of Normal Blood Glucose Regulation,”J. Applied Physiology,16, 783–788.Google Scholar
- Cerasi, E., 1967. “An Analog Computer Model for the Insulin Response to Glucose Infusion.”Acta Endocrinologica,55, 163–183.Google Scholar
- Ceresa, F., G. Segre and A. Vitelli. 1962. “L’action de Cortisol sur la Cinetique de Glucose Sanguin Etudiee a L’aide D’une Nouvelle Methode Quantitative.”Actualites Endocrinologiques,3, 247–254.Google Scholar
- —, F. Ghemi, P. F. Martini, P. Martino, G. Segre and A. Vitelli. 1968. “Control of Blood Glucose in Normal and in Diabetic Subjects: Studies by Compartmental Analysis and Digital Computer Technics.”Diabetes,17, 570–578.Google Scholar
- CSMP (Continuous System Modeling Program),IBM Modeling Program (360A-CX-16X), Users Manual.Google Scholar
- Sieracki, J. C., T. S. Danowski, G. Sabeh and J. Spincher. 1970 “Individual Health Research Program Pilot Phase: Continuous Analysis of Multiple Blood Parameters. 2. Initial Human Feasibility Studies.” InAdvances in Automated Analysis Technicon International Congress, Vol. 1, 187–194, Clinical Research, White Plains, N.J.: Medical, Inc.Google Scholar