Single wavelets in n-dimensions
- 97 Downloads
Under very minimal regularity assumptions, it can be shown that 2n−1 functions are needed to generate an orthonormal wavelet basis for L2(ℝn). In a recent paper by Dai et al. it is shown, by abstract means, that there exist subsets K of ℝn such that the single function ψ, defined by\(\hat \psi = \chi K\), is an orthonormal wavelet for L2(ℝn). Here we provide methods for construucting explicit examples of these sets. Moreover, we demonstrate that these wavelets do not behave like their one-dimensional couterparts.
KeywordsTight Frame Orthonormal Wavelet Wavelet Family Dyadic Wavelet Orthonormal Wavelet Basis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- David, G. (1991). Wavelets and singular integrals on curves and surfaces,Lecture Notes in Mathematics 1465, Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- Dai, X., Larson, D., and Speegle, D.Wavelet sets in ℝn, preprint.Google Scholar
- Frazier, M., Garrigós, G., Wang, K., and Weiss, G.A characterization of functions that generate wavelet and related expansions, preprint.Google Scholar
- Garrigós, G. (1996). Personal communication.Google Scholar
- Ron, A. and Shen, Z.Affine systems in L 2(ℝd):the analysis of the analysis operator, preprint.Google Scholar
- Wang, X.The study of wavelets from the properties of their Fourier transforms, Ph.D. thesis, Washington University, St. Louis, MO.Google Scholar