Quantification of the formation of free radicals in macrophage systems
- 29 Downloads
A mechanism is suggested for the zymosan stimulated, luminol dependent chemiluminescence of macrophage system both in the absence and in the presence of free radical inhibitor. Based on the mechanism and relevant data of elementary rate constants computer simulation has been performed in order to describe the free radical formation and consumption, the kinetics of the chemiluminescence signal as well as the consumption of the inhibitor and luminol molecules in the course of the overall process.
KeywordsChemiluminescence macrophage system oxidation of luminol inhibition of luminol dependent chemiluminescence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. Van Dyke, V. Kastranova:Cellular chemiluminescence. CRC Press Inc., Boca Raton, Florida 1987.Google Scholar
- 3.V.Y. Shlyapintochet al.:Chemiluminescence methods for studying slow chemical processes, Nauka, Moscow (in Russian) 1966.Google Scholar
- 4.J. Lee, A.S. Wesley, J.F. Ferguson, H.H. Seliger: In F.H. Johnson, Y. Haneda (eds.),Bioluminescence in Progress, p. 35. Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, 1966.Google Scholar
- 11.E.L. Shanina, G.E. Zaikov, V.A. Belyakov:Oxid. Commun.,21, 312 (1998).Google Scholar
- 13.S. Marklund:J. Biol. Chem.,251, 7504 (1976).Google Scholar