High-T c superconducting magnetic bearings for rotation-based devices
- 22 Downloads
A Modified-Melt-Powder-Melt-Growth (MMPMG) technique has been developed for the preparation of melt-textured Y-Ba−Cu−O pellets. To test their performances, the samples were characterized with respect to their microstructure, pinning strength and interaction force with permanent magnets. A superconducting magnetic bearing was built and integrated in a levitating flywheel system for energy storage.
PACS 74.70Superconducting materials
PACS 85.25.LySuperconducting magnets and magnetic levitation devices superconducting cables and conductors
PACS 01.30.CcConference proceedings
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Murakami:Applied Supercoductivity, edited byH. C. Freyardt (DGM Informations-gesellschaft, 1993), p. 253.Google Scholar
- H. J. Bornemann, C. Urban, P. Boegler, H. Kupfer andH. Rietschel:Adv. Supercond. VI (Springer-Verlag, 1994), p. 1311.Google Scholar
- Y. H. Pao:Mech. Today,4, 209 (1978).Google Scholar
- K. Salama, D. F. Lee andV. Selvamanickam:Applied Superconductivity, edited byH. C. Freyardt (DGM Informationsgesellschaft, 1993), p. 261.Google Scholar
- R. Albanese, C. Delprete, G. Genta, A. Tonoli, L. Mazzocchetti, E. Rava, F. Frangi andS. Zannella:Proceedings of the IV International Symposium on Magnetic Bearings, August 23–26, 1994, edited byG. Schweitzer et al. (Hochschulverlag AG, 1994), p. 417.Google Scholar