Formation of the microstructure and properties in deformation heat treatment of high-strength cast iron with globular graphite
- 41 Downloads
VChShG can be subjected to different kinds of plastic deformation without failure.
In the process of plastic deformation of cast VChShG, graphite inclusions irreversibly lose their globular shape, extending along the direction of metal flow in the deformation source. Subsequent heat treatment affects only the microstructure and the morphology of the phases that compose the metallic matrix and does not affect the shape of graphite inclusions. This determines the level and the isotropic nature of the mechanical properties of semifinished products of VChShG fabricated by plastic deformation of cast preforms and imposes certain constraints on the production process and the quality parameters of ready articles.
VChShG are susceptible to decarburization of the surface layer in heat treatment or heating for deformation in a furnace with an oxidizing atmosphere, which should be taken into account in designing the method of their deformation.
KeywordsFerrite Cast Iron Pearlite Metallic Matrix Graphite Inclusion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. D. Sherman and A. A. Zhukov (eds.),Cast Iron, A Handbook [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1991).Google Scholar
- 2.G. I. Pogodin-Alekseev (ed.),Handbook on Machine-Building Materials. Vol. 3. Cast Iron [in Russian], GosNTI Mashinostr. Lit., Moscow (1959).Google Scholar
- 3.“Cast iron, USSR Inv. Certif. No. 1705339,”Izobr. Otkr., No. 2 (1992).Google Scholar
- 4.“Cast iron, RF Pat. No. 2098507,”Izobr. Otkr., No. 34 (1997).Google Scholar
- 5.“Cast iron, RF Pat. No. 2098508,”Izobr. Otkr., No. 34 (1997).Google Scholar