Variations in the disappearance rate of indocyanine grenn
- 21 Downloads
Time-associated changes in the disappearance rate of indocyanine green from the blood (K·ICG) as an index of liver function, were studied. Blood was drawn 5 times at 3-minute intervals from 31 patients. Early, intermediate, and late K·ICG values were 0.087±0.040, 0.082±0.038, and 0.076±0.033 min−1, respectively, showing serial decreases. When blood was drawn 8 times at 2-minute intervals from 22 other patients, the means of the K·ICG values at 11 time points showed a nearly linear relationship (r=−0.986). These findings indicated that K·ICG is approxomated by a linear function of time, K(t)=−K′·t+K0. According to this function, K·ICG is considered to decrease by 1.96% every minute. The K·ICG value determined by the conventional method is, therefore, a mean disappearance rate of 15 minutes, and K0 is considered to reflect the initial reaction speed.
Key Wordsindocyanine green ICG disappearance rate liver function tests
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Paumgartner G, Probst P, Kraines R, Leevy CM. Kinetics of indocyanine green removal from the blood. Ann NY Acad Sci 1970; 170: 134–147.Google Scholar
- 2.Mizumoto R. Application of ICG Rmax in surgery. Jpn Pharmacol Ther 1984; 12: 447–461.Google Scholar
- 3.Reemthma K, Hottinger GC, DeGraff AC, Creech O. Studies of hepatic function and blood flow using indocyanine green. Clin Res 1960; 8: 77.Google Scholar
- 5.Yokosuka H, Nagayama K, Kumagai K, Fujisawa K, Shibata M, Aizawa T, Ogasawara H, Yano M, Narumiya N, Yoshino M, Ozawa Y, Horiguchi M. Changes in plasma concentration of indocyanine green over 15 minutes after injection. Jpn Pharmacol Ther 1982; 10: 95–101.Google Scholar
- 6.Koseki K, Nishihara T, Kasai M. Measurement of ICG Rmax by the plasma disappearance rate of ICG in earlier phase of its removal. Jpn Pharmacol Ther 1982; 10: 103–109.Google Scholar
- 10.Katafuchi S, Idegami K, Morinaga H, Ichihara K, Sakamoto K, Yamane T, Ikei S, Mori K, Akagi M. Evaluation of ear densitometry on measuring the disappearance rate of indocyanine green. Jpn Pharmacol Ther 1984; 12: 329–333.Google Scholar