A case of rectal carcinoid with extensive sacral breakage
- 21 Downloads
A 48 year old woman with a massive retrorectal tumor extensively invading the sacrum is presented herein. A submucosal tumor, apparently of rectal origin, was found on the posterior rectal wall infiltrating posteriorly into the sacrum. Abdominosacral resection of the rectum with partial sacrectomy was thus performed and postoperative examination revealed the tumor to be carcinoid which has hitherto been associated with moderately benign behavior. Although remote metastasis was absent, extensive lymph node metastasis was observed, however, 2 years have passed since the operation without any evidence of recurrence.
Key Wordscarcinoid rectal submucosal tumor sacral invasion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kotake K, Yoneyama K, Miyata J, Haga Y, Tsukamoto T, Hayashi J. Carcinoid tumors of the rectum. Nippon Daichoh Kohmon Byoh Gakkai Zasshi (J Jpn Soc Coloproctol) 1984; 37: 261–266. (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 2.Arima S, Umeno T, Ushijima M, Shimura H. Rectal carcinoid. Nippon Shohkaki Geka Gakkai Zasshi (J J Gastroent Surg) 1978; 11: 136–142. (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 4.Oberndorfer S. Uber die Kleinen Dundarmcarcinome. Verh Dtsche Ges Pathol 1907; 11: 113–116.Google Scholar
- 5.Uesugi Y, Mizuno H, Yamaguchi M, Hakamada B. A case of rectal carcinoid. J Jpn Soc Coloproctol 1967; 21: 58–59. (English Abst.)Google Scholar
- 6.Saltykow S. Uber die Genese der “Karzinoiden Tumoren” so wie der “Adenomyome” des Darm, Beiter. Path Anat 1912; 54: 559–594.Google Scholar
- 10.Enjohji M, Watanabe H. Rectal carcinoids. Nippon Daichoh Kohmon Byoh Gakkai Zasshi (J Jpn Soc Coloproctol) 1976; 29: 506–515. (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 11.Kira J, Fuchigami T, Murakami M, Omae T, Koga A, Iwashita A, Yamamoto T, Sakaguchi Y. A case report of rectal carcinoid and an analysis of rectal carcinoids reported in Japan. I to Cho (Stomach and Intestine) 1980; 15: 1105–1110. (in Japanese)Google Scholar