Successfully resected carcinoma of the bifurcation of the main hepatic ducts
- 17 Downloads
Two cases of carcinoma of the bifurcation of the main hepatic ducts are presented. The tumors were successfully removed by resection of the bifurcation in one case, and by left hepatic lobectomy in the other. Some other 38 cases of the same condition collected from the world literature are briefly reviewed and discussed with particular reference to their surgical interventions.
Key Wordscarcinoma of the bifurcation of the main hepatic ducts
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Altemeier, W.A., Gall, E.A., Culbertson, W.R. and Inge, W.W.: Sclerosing carcinoma of the intrahepatic (hilar) bile ducts,Surgery 60: 191–200, 1966.Google Scholar
- 3.Altemeier, W.A., Gall, E.A., Zinninger, M.M. and Haxworth, P.I.: Sclerosing carcinoma of the major intrahepatic bile ducts,Arch. Surg. 75: 450–460, 1957.Google Scholar
- 7.Fortner, J.G., Kinne, D.W., Kim, D.K., Castro, El B., Shiu, M.H. and Beattie, E.J. Jr.: Vascular problems in upper abdominal cancer surgery,Arch. Surg. 109: 148–153, 1974.Google Scholar
- 10.Hess, W.: Surgery of the Biliary Passages and the Pancreas, p. 121, Princeton, N.J.: D. Van Nostrand Co., 1965.Google Scholar
- 12.Kajitani, T., Nishi, M., Nakajima, T., Yano, K. and Kanko, T.: Carcinoma of the extrahepatic bile ducts,Jpn. J. Cancer Clin. 15: 15–26, 1969 (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- 19.Mistilis, S. and Schiff, L.: A case of jaundice due to unilateral hepatic duct obstruction with relief after hepatic lobectomy,Gut 4: 13–15, 1963.Google Scholar
- 25.Todoroki, T., Iwasaki, Y., Okamura, T., Usui, S., Sato, H., Tsunemoto, H., Arai, T., Onuma, N., Umegaki, Y., Nishimura, A., Nakano, K. and Nakano, M.: Intraoperative radio therapy of advanced carcinomas of bile ducts and gallbladder,Jpn. J. Gastroenterol. Surg. 9: 308–315, 1976 (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- 26.Tsuchiya, R., Tsunoda, T., Harada, N., Nishimura, R. and Ito, T.: Surgical treatment for carcinoma of the extrahepatic bile duct,Stomach and Intestine 12: 733–743, 1977 (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- 27.Tsuzuki, T., Uekusa, M., Nakamura, T. and Iida, S.: Treatment of malignant stenosis at the hilar bile duct,Surg. Diag. andTreatm. 18: 396–402, 1976 (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- 28.Kozaka, S.: Surgical treatment of bile duct carcinoma in older patients,Shujutsu (Operation) 28: 977–983, 1974 (in Japanese).Google Scholar