Hernia through the foramen of Winslow
- 56 Downloads
A case of hernia through the foramen of Winslow diagnosed preoperatively is reported. Although the preoperative diagnosis is difficult to make because of the nonspecific symptoms presented and the rarity of the disease, careful evaluation of the plain abdominal X-ray and barium enema study gave the clue in the present case. Review of the literature including those from Japan revealed 115 cases up to 1976, of which diagnosis was established preoperatively in 11 cases.
Key wordsintraabdominal hernia hernia through the foramen of Winslow radiologic diagnosis barium enema
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Hakami, M., Habibzadeh, S. and Mosavy, S.H.: Hernia through the foramen of Winslow,Amer. Surg. 41: 355–357, 1975.Google Scholar
- 7.Hansmann, G.H. and Morton, S.A.: Intraabdominal hernia; Report of a case and review of the literature,Arch. Surg. 39: 973–986, 1939.Google Scholar
- 8.Harned, R.K. and Farley, G.E.: Herniation of cecum and terminal ileum through the foramen of Winslow,Amer. J. Gastroenterol. 61: 304–307, 1974.Google Scholar
- 10.Hollenberg, M.S.: Radiographic diagnosis of hernia into the lesser peritoneal sac through the foramen of Winslow; Report of a case,Surgery 18: 498–502, 1945.Google Scholar
- 11.Levarde, J. and Chevret, R.: Contribution a l'etude radiologique des occulusions hernie étranglée de l'hiatus de Winslow,Presse méd. 57: 562–563, 1949.Google Scholar
- 14.Murata, Y. and Yoshikawa, K.: Hernia through the foramen of Winslow; Report of a case,Rinsho Hoshasen 7: 451–455, 1962 (in Japanese with English summary).Google Scholar
- 15.Rene, L. and Garcia-Moran, M.: Triad symptomatique pour le diagnostic de l'étranglement herniaire a travers l'hiatus de Winslow,Mém. Acad. Chir., Par. 90: 878–881, 1964.Google Scholar
- 18.Takamatsu, S.: A case of lesser sac hernia,Geka 15: 186–188, 1953 (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- 19.Tonegawa, H., Takabayashi, J., Nanba, A. and Okuno, T.: Hernia through the foramen of Winslow; Report of a case,Nihon Gekagakkai Zasshi 70: 127, 1969 (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- 20.Yamanaka, T.: Hernia through the foramen of Winslow; Report of a successfully treated case,Nihon Rinshogekaigakkai Zasshi 24: 127, 1963 (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- 21.Yamasaki, Y., Isohashi, T., Ohkawa, H. and Takahashi, K.: Lesser sac hernia; Report of 2 successfully treated cases,Nihon Gekagakkai Zasshi 68: 303, 1967 (in Japanese).Google Scholar